The use of vehicle graphics may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of marketing strategies. However, you may want to put more thought towards the advantages of car wrapping after reading these statistics:
- Mobile advertising is the most effective and efficient form of outdoor advertising, reaching more consumers at a lower Cost Per
- Thousand Impressions (CPM) than any other form of outdoor advertising.
- 98% of Americans indicated they notice media targeting vehicle drivers and passengers.
- 29% said outdoor advertising caused them to visit a retail store within a week of seeing the ad.
- The average American has traveled 302 miles in the past 7 days.
- 96% of Americans traveled in a vehicle as either a driver of passenger in the past week.
- The average vehicle driven 15,000 miles per year will pass in front of 9 million other vehicles.
- 30% of mobile outdoor viewers base their buying decisions on ads they see.
- One vehicle wrap can generate between 30,000 – 80,000 impressions daily.
- Fleet vehicle advertising boosts name recognition 15x greater than other advertising media.
- Mobile advertising reaches consumers not exposed to newspaper, radio and television.
- Federal Highway Administration study forecasts a sharp increase in the amount of time spent in personal vehicles and the number of trips per household.
A Recent Phenomenon that’s Catching On
Although vinyl wraps may have been somewhat strange to see on regular cars a few years ago, vehicles throughout the country are increasingly being wrapped by their entrepreneurial owners. These eye-grabbing, mobile billboards catch the attention of other motorists simply by driving your normal routine. Auto wrapping ends up costing about $44 per million impressions. A number that blows all other advertising mediums out of the water. For the small business owner, car wraps effectively level the playing field.
Fleet Vehicles are Reaping the Benefits Too
While best suited for a small-to-medium-sized company’s single business vehicle, vehicle wraps are now increasingly being used on fleet vans and trucks by local service companies. When it comes to a new product launch or advertising an event, wrapping a fleet of vehicles in a brand message can be a successful way to get the word out. A fleet of vehicles moving through traffic will broadcast your message around the city, targeting thousands of people in a single day. This is much better than a static sign or billboard that can only be in one location at a time.
How Much Does it Cost to Wrap a Vehicle?
The cost of a vinyl wrap depends on the size of the car you choose to cover. Cars, vans, trucks, and vehicles of any size can be covered in vinyl; however, there are a few factors to take into consideration when finding out the price. Generally, the total cost varies from $1,500 to $3,000, which includes:
- Vinyl graphics design
- Printing services
- Professional installation
For fleet owners, another thing to remember is that the cost of painting your vehicles greatly outweighs that of wrapping them. Compared to the price of a new paint job, vinyl wraps are a much more cost-efficient option. Plus you can expect your vehicle wrap to last up to seven years.
What are Some Other Ways Vehicle Wraps are Useful?
Vehicle wraps are often used to provide paint protection, making them a great option for anyone who is leasing a vehicle and worried about chipped paint. While retaining the original paint job, wraps give the vehicles a fresh, new look. Which means you could be driving a red sportscar today, but the same vehicle in yellow tomorrow!
You can also change wraps relatively inexpensively, allowing you to announce promos and seasonal deals with your vehicle(s). If you no longer wish to see an ad on your vehicle or want to drive a car of a different color, you can quickly have the wrap professionally removed at a minimal cost.
See how much your car, truck, or van costs to wrap instantly!